Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bang for your Buck!

Do we really need to spend a fortune to get the look we want?
Are all the high end cosmetics and facial products really worth all that cash? Is it the packaging, the advertising or the research behind the product? I think it’s a little of all the above .Many of the major cosmetic companies own these lower priced, often comparable lines!
The bottom line is, I don’t need fancy packaging if the product works! There are so many great alternatives to department store cosmetics and facial products. I pride myself on trying as many as possible to test the claims. I have drawers overflowing from mascara’s that did'nt
lump, curl or lengthen. I have finally found some things I think are a great
bang for your buck! These are awesome finds and they actually produce.
Ok, here is the short list of my faves. Not in any particular order just items
I find myself continually picking up at Walgreens, CVS, or the makeup aisle
in the grocery store.
1) L’Oreal Voluminous CARBON BLACK mascara.It's the blackest mascara you can find besides Dior SHOW
2) Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets- These are the one thing I ALWAYS
have with me. They are a quick touch up that removes any oil without smudging
or removing your foundation.
3)Cover girl Outlast All-Day Lip color- Apply once and you have lip color for hours! This works as good as the MAC one and is one of my favorite go-to’s. SimmeringSpice looks good on almost everyone.
4)Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads, Large Plush Pads- they do exactly what they say they will. Love them!
5)Maybelline New York Line Works Waterproof Liquid Liner- easy to apply and stays put.
6)Cornsilk Classic Translucent Pressed Powder- it has no color but is also a great little compact for quick touch-ups without the powdery finish!
7) Wet and Wild Eyeliner Pencils- for .99 cents need I say more
8) Olay Body Quench Mousse- Ultra Moisture. Just discovered this fluffy mousse that
relieves even the driest of skin. Leaves you feeling silky smooth!
9) Clairol Nice and Easy Root Touch-up- When you can’t make it to the salon, this is the quick fix that touches-up your re-growth or little gray hairs!
10) L’Oreal Ever Pure Sulfate- Free Shampoo- This shampoo is amazing for color treated hair.
Your color will fade less and it helps to protect and nourish. My color has never stayed longer!

That’s just a sampling of my drugstore faves. I have many more that I will include in another post. With all that is going on in the economy and trying to be mindful of my disposable income, these not only work great but make you feel good even before you leave the store!

Posted by SMOKEY EYED GAL at 9:05 AM Links to this post

No comments:

Post a Comment